Saturday, June 13, 2009

Beauty in the Breakdown


"Beauty in the Breakdown," I love this phrase. It has been used for countless songs, poetry and so forth. I feel that it is one of the truest statements ever stated. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen is the realness in realizing that someone is broken and fragile.

When I was 16 I took part in an organization called Truth and Peace and on the stage of the Free Will Baptist Bible College my friend who was 15 at the time said, "Georgia you have to stop being plastic. You're not a Barbie." See I always have had the tendency of being completely happy inevery situation, even when I was falling apart on the inside. This isn't the way to live life. You might be "making everyone else happy" but you're killing yourself slowly. 

See as a world of sinful people, we are all broken but it's what people sees through the cracks that matters. Without Christ in our lives people see the emptiness we have through the cracks but if the love of Christ is being shown through our pain than even though we are broken we are beautiful. 

I've recently had coffee with the one person that I for years wished that I could be half the Christian that he was but in this one conversation I realized that he had problems just like I did. We were both struggling with the same tempations and have the same battles I was dealing with. So this whole time I would say I know I could be a better Chrisian if only I were like.... I should have asked myself I wonder what this person is struggling with but I still see Christ through them. That's really what I want. I want to be able to be broken but be beautiful. 

I want to use my heartbreak to better understand others. I mean I don't mean to just say that I "understand" like I mentioned in a previous blog but truly be able to relate with others. I may never go through what others have but I've been hurt and others have been hurt. And instead of always pretending that life is just dandy, understand that life is tough but we can all make it through. 

I feel like I'm rambling and I hate that because I'm very passionate about this subject so I'll probally come back to that but just remember to not be afraid of being broken and start showing the beauty instead of the emptiness on the inside. 

1 comment:

  1. Finding beauty in the breakdown is very, very hard. I am glad that God is there to put the broken pieces of our hearts back together because sometimes He's the only solution. I guess that's what they've been telling me since 1st grade Sunday School. Apparently I'm just slow.

    Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Ramble away, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete