Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bad Attitudes = Bad News Bears

When someone hurts our feelings or says something off color what's our first reaction? I play hurt of course or atleast that's what remains true with me. I never tell people that they hurt my feelings because I mean come on I'm almost 20 and people shouldn't still be hurting my feelings right?

Well when I (or maybe you) play hurt does it really "give it to them?" You know does that person see how much agony they've placed in your life. Most of the time no they don't. They go on with their marry lives while we sit and wallow in the mess we've made. Other people start to see our nasty attitude and pull away from us making us feel rather lonely, which adds to our crummy mood. See others are willing to care until you start being ridiculous about things. 

I'm not going to lie, it's always better to play the victim. Go for those sympathy votes but in real life the victim is somewhat annoying. This hurt attitude can conflict with your relationship with God and others and that's no good. If somethings coming between you and the person God has meant for you to be, then get rid of that junk! It's not worth holding on too. Grudges are something that are too heavy to hold on to, and the longer you do the farther down it will drag you.

So my advice to myself and all the rest of you who are holding grudges and hurt feelings towards someone: SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE and go confront those people. Not in a hateful way, but in a loving way. Remember show Christ love in all you do, even when you really want to just kick someone in the shin. Explain your feelings and work it out. It's much more helpful when you go to that person, instead of running your mouth to everyone and anyone (bless their hearts) that will listen to you rant. I mean I know I should take my own advice and handle some of my problem the same way and that's why I'm writing this for the world so people can see and maybe hold me accountable of doing so.

Anyways...let go of that negative energy. It's so not worth it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment